13 Aug What Consumers Look for In Security Awareness Training Programs
NINJIO was recently named Customers’ Choice in security awareness computer-based training (SACBT) based on Gartner reviews, a title given only to companies who meet and exceed customer expectations in five categories, including customers’ willingness to recommend.
NINJIO ranked highest in all categories, based on 66 reviews as of April 2018, with an overall customer rating score of 4.9 out of 5. We are proud to have demonstrated success in serving our customers and we are grateful to those who participated in the study.
The report brought attention to the attributes of security awareness training programs that consumers regard highest when making their purchases—and as an industry, we learn where we shine and where we fall short.
If our mission is to help working consumers become the security defenders of their companies and their families, what does it take to deliver the utmost value to customers to ensure they can #beunhackable?
Here’s what we learned.
1. Evaluation and Contracting—Industry Average: (4.5/5) NINJIO: (4.9/5)
Evaluation and contracting is the area where security awareness computer-based training programs can improve the most. The only question consumers are asked regarding this topic is, “Overall rating of evaluation and contract negotiation with the vendor?” With only 4 out of the 11 companies reviewed scoring above the average, we learn that contract negotiation can be the biggest hurdle in getting customers started on their security awareness journey.
2. Service and Support—Industry Average (4.6/5) NINJIO: (5/5)
Service and support is our industry’s greatest area of achievement with a mean of 4.6/5 and 55% of companies evaluated scoring above the average. Participants in the Gartner survey were asked about timeliness of vendor’s response, quality of technical support, and quality of peer user community, if applicable. NINJIO ranked highest in service and support with a full 5 out of 5 stars.
3. Integration and Deployment—Industry Average (4.6/5) NINJIO: (4.8/5)
The survey went further in depth with this category than the previous two to identify strengths and weaknesses of integrating products from the SACBT market. Consumers were asked about:
- Complexity and duration on implementation
- Availability of quality 3rd-party resources (integrators, service providers, etc.)
- Ease of integration using standard APIs and tools
- Quality and availability of end-user training
- Ease of deployment
Ultimately, 5 out of 11 companies evaluated scored above the mean for overall integration and deployment, indicating satisfactory performance but leaving space for improvement for the industry as a whole.
4. Product Capabilities—Industry Average (4.5/5) NINJIO: (4.9/5)
Product capabilities are and should be a priority for SACBT companies seeking to penetrate workforces vulnerable to security hacks. To assess the effectiveness of the training programs, consumers had to report on:
- Vendor’s phishing simulation capabilities
- The production quality of the vendor’s training modules
- The content quality of the vendor’s training modules
- The availability of content to cover the topics that your company needed
- The quality of the vendor’s Learning Management System
- The quality of the vendor’s administrative interface and reporting capabilities
We are pleased that NINJIO ranked highest in this category with 4.9 out of 5 stars from 66 reviews. But with an average of 4.5 based on 1,294 reviews in total, SACBT companies may want to focus on how to improve and advance our capabilities to truly deliver the training experiences that our customers need to stay alert, educated, and most importantly, safe against cyber threats
To learn more about NINJIO services, contact us today to speak with a security awareness training expert.